Search the forum,

Discuss quartz tiles and warmup undertile heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lol knowles

hi i am about to lay 600x600 mirror fleck quartz tiles on to my kitchen floor i am laying 6mm hardibacker boards on to floor board as floor is sound i am fitting 2 x 800 loose wire warmup kits then will use rapid flex adheasive , the tiles were brought from marblemosaics who say they are 93% quartz and are fine ,warmup say it should be ok so just checking any advise or should this be ok

D

david campbell

:welcome:to the forum
i would use self leveller to cover the wires before tiling!
you will need seal these before and after grouting,try and keep to a 3/4mm grout line,use black grout or glitter grout! they all need wet cut also

L

lol knowles

hi david i was thinking about a flexible leveling compound to hide the wire also to help make tiling easy not sure about the level compound on hardibacker though never done that before

L

lol knowles

had a job go bad with faulty backer boards that delaminated aparently so i put in a claim and they could not give me money but gave me a palet of hardibacker worth £1000 so i,ve got tons of it

D

doug boardley

just thinking that heat will transfer through your hardi to your subfloor, losing you money.

L

lol knowles

i thought it transfers off hardiback ok. tiled my last bathroom with padovas on hardiback no level compound and it was fine i can exchange the boards if you think its a better way i just trust the tiles to stick to hardiback only ever used insulation boards about 3 times

W

White Room

Are these the resin type tile that should'nt have ufh because they can bow/curl at the edges

Reply to quartz tiles and warmup undertile heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen