Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz chip repair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slikt

Guys,

The wife has had a butter fingers moment this morning and dropped a cup out the cupboard which has landed base edge down which in turn has chipped my 1 month old black sparkle worktop :yikes: :mad2: :incazzato: :incazzato::incazzato:

Its only 10mm long, 3mm wide and 2mm deep (so not that bad) lol

As you can imagine, i'm not the happiest of people today, anyway I've done a search and cant find anything apart from 'colourfill' any ideas on a diy kit rather than pay an inflated price for a stone repair company?

Cheers

S

slikt

My bad for misreading.... Stone repair or plastic surgeon then. £100-£150 is a bargain compared to replacing and a cheap repair will probably look worse than the chip.

Created on iPhone.....

Yeah I know what your saying, my guy is saying £85+vat, which isn't the end of the world, just wasnt sure if I could buy a kit or the resin based products myself at cost. Mind you why should I care, the ball and chain is paying for it :8: lol

T

Time's Ran Out

I think that some members may be taking this thread in a light hearted way and not looking at the real issues that are at stake here!
Is this a marriage that is on the ROCKS.
His I MONTH old pride and joy has been damaged and he will sell the 'ball and chain' to remedy the situation.
Does he really have an Ant Farm and could it's purpose be for the disposal of the evidence/culprit and is there too much care being taken with the well being of these ants?
And what about the mention of a Plastic Surgeon - is this to allow him to slip away after.

It may sound like a chip, but is an Epoxy Resin really the right answer!

Reply to Quartz chip repair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.