Discuss pricing 5 new builds! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sjw450

hey guys, need some help pricing a show house which would lead to another 4,
there all the same size and are brand new,
the areas to get tiled are:

bathroom: walls and floor 23 square metres, on suite: tile half way up walls and floor 9metres
toilet: tile half way up walls and floor 9metres
kitchen & utility splashbacks: 5 square metres

total approx 46 square metres,

the show house has all the sinks and bath toliets shower etc fitted but the next 4 should be empty,
its all ceramic tiles various sizes for each room but pretty straight forward

any ideas on a price per house
thanks

B

big-w

I look at about £25 per M2 but with you having to go around the toilet bath exct i would look at it and see how long it will take you and do it on day rate

S

Saltire69

Areas vary for price SJW so i would suggest think how long it will take you and then decide the wage you would be happy with for that time. Just remember though,they will be looking to get them done quick and cheap.

W

White Room

It was a couple of years ago, site paid me £15 a m2 floors and walls, 2in mosaic was £17 a m2 (a p**s if you ask me) A subway my mate priced for worked about £25 a m2 not including materials, so if your pricing allow 15-20% profit. Hope this gives you some guidance but it's never written in stone.

E

etc.tiling

I charge £25 sq meter and I provide adhesive and grout - they buy everything else. Maybe I'm undercharging but it sees me right every time.

B

brian c

pain inthe rear having to tile round sinks etc can you not slip tile behind sink?charge accordingly if you need to cut round wc aswell.

S

sjw450

i was thinkin £1000 per house but they said the last guy did it for £700 in 5 and a half shifts but the job wasnt very good, it was ok but not perfect, £700 works out about £15 per metre which means ur doin 5 metres of splashbacks with about 9 sockets and lots of tile trims for £15per metre, the bathroom tiles are around 40 by 25cm, the on suite and toilet are mosaic lookalike tiles and same for the splashbacks, i think £1000 is cheap anyone else think its a good price, think it would take me 6 or 7 days and would be a good job,

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd try and tile behind all the objects myself. If you tell them to ake sure the sockets are hanging off the wall and they get someone to screw them back on you should be quick around them with a wet cutter or your nippers. It's the trim and the WC and stuff you'll find the £ per hour goes down.

Price what you think it's worth or walk away. Ignore the £700 lark, it's probably to get you price less.

L

LEWIS

Hi

I think £700.00 is crazy and agree with Dan, ignore it, set your price and speak of quality that you'll delivery. Its a show home so it will need the quality of finish you can offer, blah.blah.blah.

On pricing i have an interseting exercise for you to do which might help.

Take your £25.00 per m2 and set it to one side.

Then write down the following: Grout @ £1.00 per m2
Adhesive @ £2.00 per m2
Pegs @ £0.75 per m2
Petrol @ £0.40 pence per mile
Van @ £7.50 per day
Van insurance @ £3.50 per day
Company insurance @ £1.00 per day
Telephone @ £0.50 per day
Tools @ £1.50 per day
Administration time (estimates etc) £2.50 a day
Tax @ £???
Anything else you can think of that is a cost to
you.

These figures are not accurate and just there to help with the exercise.

If your not careful you could take your figures devide them by the average number of hours you work per day and end up working for less than the national average.

Its a big wake up call for tilers, lets bill what we are all worth.

Regards
Lewis

E

etc.tiling

I agree with those guys - I've done a few quotes now and the customers always try and knock you down. A few of my mates have told me to decide on a price and stick to it otherwise it will knock down all the tiling prices in the area and before you know it we'll all be out of work because they'll be getting it done for free.

Stick to your guns mate! £1000 sounds like a very reasonable price to me!! It should be more so I reckon you should explain to them that it should be £1150 but you're already knocking money off the job. If they don't like it they can get someone in on the cheap to make a mess of things like it sounds they did last time.

Good luck mate!

D

Dicko1973

Agree Also sounds like they're tryin it on a bit. like etc. says above stick to your guns don't underprice your self.

Good luck

S

sjw450

thanks guys am just not gonna do it for the price they want, they said they would pay me £18 per metre for the first £825 then the rest £15 per meter £700, no thanks haha cheers anyway

G

grumpygrouter

Hi

I think £700.00 is crazy and agree with Dan, ignore it, set your price and speak of quality that you'll delivery. Its a show home so it will need the quality of finish you can offer, blah.blah.blah.

On pricing i have an interseting exercise for you to do which might help.

Take your £25.00 per m2 and set it to one side.

Then write down the following: Grout @ £1.00 per m2
Adhesive @ £2.00 per m2
Pegs @ £0.75 per m2
Petrol @ £0.40 pence per mile
Van @ £7.50 per day
Van insurance @ £3.50 per day
Company insurance @ £1.00 per day
Telephone @ £0.50 per day
Tools @ £1.50 per day
Administration time (estimates etc) £2.50 a day
Tax @ £???
Anything else you can think of that is a cost to
you.

These figures are not accurate and just there to help with the exercise.

If your not careful you could take your figures devide them by the average number of hours you work per day and end up working for less than the national average.

Its a big wake up call for tilers, lets bill what we are all worth.

Regards
Lewis
Hallelujah! Somebody else thinks the same way as me!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Grumpy

Reply to pricing 5 new builds! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22