Currently reading:
Polished vs Nano Polished

Discuss Polished vs Nano Polished in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

missy12

Hi everyone,

I am new here so I hope this is the right place to post this. I have been searching online for reviews and info on porcelain tiles.

I am looking for Porcelain Tiles in White High Gloss 600mm x 600mm, my understanding is that some Porcelain tiles come in polished finish or the other type Nano Polished where it has been glazed with extra layer of this Nano coating to protect the tiles further and to make it even stronger.

Could you kindly share some info on the below;

I have been reading lots of mixed info on this; some people say if the Porcelain tiles has a Nano polished finish then you wouldn't need to seal them however some people say you still do need to seal them? I would like to find out for myself rather than just rely on my tiler to decide because if there's any problem then it will be my big headache problem not his.

Another thing some tiles suppliers claim that their Porcelain Tile is Nano polished or glazed but how can a customer check that it is really is? Is there a way to check their claim?

I'm using White gloss porcelain tiles, is it best to use White adhesive and Flexible or not? I know I will have to use white grout but do I also have to use flexi grout, the tiles will be laid on a floor that has a water pipes underfloor heating, new build.

Sorry for so many questions, has anyone experience buying from TileHQ? I know they're part of Travis and Tile Giant but their prices are better, have been reading reviews about them but there was a bad comment saying that HQ didn't deliver when they said they would so I'm a bit concern.

I usually would prefer to deal locally face to face in case of any problems but HQ prices are good but is their customer service as great as their prices???

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Missy

Reply to Polished vs Nano Polished in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.