Currently reading:
Please be patient to a newbie.....

Discuss Please be patient to a newbie..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

welshgal

Hi all, have enjoyed reading forums, and though i'm not a tiler, i would appreciate some advice. Here goes....

I have just had my bathroom walls covered with plaster board. I would like this tile inside the shower cubicle;
Dune Quarzita Brick | Tilestop
Is water likely to seep through? Could i prevent it from doing so? Am i better off forgetting it and choosing something else?

Thanks in advance.....

Please dont use this in your shower, the finish on this stone will be a magnet for soap scum and bacteria and you will be forever scrubbing these walls. Its a great stone by the look of it but for practical reasons it's just not suitable for a shower and the conditions that are generated in a shower area.
And yes imo tanking the showerbase and walls would be a good idea as tiles and grout should never be considered as part of a waterproof system.:thumbsup:

Reply to Please be patient to a newbie..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.