Search the forum,

Discuss plaster primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

akinsontiles

Be cautious about the weight limit with those tiles 20kg max including adhesive and grout onto skimmed plasterboard.

Fast set mapei adhesive doesn't tell me the type of adhesive. I take it that it's a cement based one suitable for walls as well as floors by the sound of it. I would recommend one such as P9 or P10 for large format on the walls with back buttering a must.

You are quite right using a primer as the cement would react against the gypsum and not bond correctly causing it to come off later on.

A

akinsontiles

yeah back buttering simply means serate the wall as normal and spread adhesive over the reverse side of the tile so that you get 100% coverage and its bonds adhesive to adhesive rather than adhesive to ceramic/porcelain. Good practice to follow on all jobs to avoid failures but especially important on large format tiles or those with ridged markings on them from the kiln process.

Was that data sheet any good for the primer you got or was it a different product?

Reply to plaster primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.