Currently reading:
Pimp my Grinder up please

Search the forum,

Discuss Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Filip

TF
Midlands
Just struggled with a porcelain floor 600x300 tiles and now I have another DIY job coming up with porcelain I have a wet table saw that I call Mr Chippy and after reading here my best option is an angle grinder - which I already have I now know thanks to you guys the type of cutting disc to get, 1-2mm and wavy curly patten but from where, I see 2 suppliers mentioned quite often ritelines and ATS diamond tools. I could also do with some sort of finishing/ grinding discs to take off very thin strips from my miss measurements but which one ?

Filip

TF
Midlands
Ritelines? Not on here, can’t say I’ve ever seen them here.
Every material behaves differently with different types of blade.
Three main types.
Turbo
Mesh
Continuous rim.
Each have their place.
But that’s the trick, finding the one that works for the material you’re using at the time.
Not really any hard and fast rules, and it depends what level of finish you expect/require.
Here

O

Old Mod

Have you tried hand pads to refine your cuts?
If you want a reasonable all round blade try this from @Pro Tiler Tools

PREMTOOL Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices of Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/premtool-diamond-blades

I’ve cut regular and thin tile with it and had decent results.

Filip

TF
Midlands
Have you tried hand pads to refine your cuts?
If you want a reasonable all round blade try this from @Pro Tiler Tools

PREMTOOL Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices of Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/premtool-diamond-blades

I’ve cut regular and thin tile with it and had decent results.
That blade looks about my price range, but what are hand pads?

O

Old Mod

there won’t be any chips with the turbo blade!

s10745.gif

Reply to Pimp my Grinder up please in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.