Search the forum,

Discuss Partnership or sole trader? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

who gets what if/when you split up? it means somewhere another tiling kit has to be found, you'll likely end up pricing against each other in a work shy climate, if you're doing ok at the mo, keep it going and don't rock the boat to much,it may be you that falls overboard!

G

graham1708

who gets what if/when you split up? it means somewhere another tiling kit has to be found, you'll likely end up pricing against each other in a work shy climate, if you're doing ok at the mo, keep it going and don't rock the boat to much,it may be you that falls overboard!

This is another problem I own the van paid for it myself. The tool are not shared eg. I paid for dry cutter, he paid for wet cutter and the same for all the other tools. I don't ask for anything towards the up keep of the van only fuel cost.

I would feel terrible leaving him without transport but I've been told by others not to let my heart rule my head but I find it hard not to.

W

White Room

What if it was on the other foot and he had decided to go on his own, works both ways and your've got to do your own thing

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Alls fair in love and business...........whatever that means :mad2::incazzato:

I can't see how you can survive on your average job.......2 bods crowding each other out in a 6x6 lavvy.

He'll survive :thumbsup:

G

graham1708

What if it was on the other foot and he had decided to go on his own, works both ways and your've got to do your own thing

At th mo the understanding is; if he found somthing better (income) I think he would take it.

I don't really see us competing for work in the future as I don't think he will do a lot on his own. He is a good tiler but I feel he is too slow and sometimes holds me up.

I'm more worried about his predicament than my own if i decide to go alone.

C

Colour Republic

how long has this been going on? have you ever worked on 2 different jobs and still 50/50'd the money? I wouldn't leave your mate in the lurch if it's only just started getting bad. Reap the rewards in the good times and stick together in the bad. That said if you've been carrying him all the time then really you have to look after yourself

G

graham1708

Alls fair in love and business...........whatever that means :mad2::incazzato:

I can't see how you can survive on your average job.......2 bods crowding each other out in a 6x6 lavvy.

He'll survive :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence m8:thumbsup:

G

graham1708

how long has this been going on? have you ever worked on 2 different jobs and still 50/50'd the money? I wouldn't leave your mate in the lurch if it's only just started getting bad. Reap the rewards in the good times and stick together in the bad. That said if you've been carrying him all the time then really you have to look after yourself

Going on for a year now, only ever worked different jobs on site. It never meant to become what it is, it just happened

I do feel I've been carrying him.

Am I beginning to sound bitchy?:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

had this issue myself and when you dont feel right its time to call it a day.Its very hard getting work at the minute and trying to get 2 wages must be a nightmare...go it alone...life goes on.:thumbsup:

G

graham1708

Thanks for all the help guys.

I feel all the info on my current situation is there for all to read so if you would give your own situation and please vote i will be most grateful.

Cheers guys :8:

Reply to Partnership or sole trader? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen