Search the forum,

Discuss Partnership or sole trader? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

graham31

Had the same dilemma me and ma mate went on the same course with the view to going into partnership.He ended up in a diff situation to me were he could do tiling for a good few months were as i had to work.So wasn't much of a partnership so i took the decision to end it all very amicably we had our own tools so no prob their.We bought a van my partner was talking it but know i've ended up way it.

I felt as if the both of us were holding each other back on decisions like advertising and spending money on our business.Now i only have to answer to myself(and the wife of course)and only now i feel like i'm starting out even tho i've done tiling jobs over the months.

We were advised at the start not to go into partnership and didn't listen but Darren was right.

G

graham1708

Had the same dilemma me and ma mate went on the same course with the view to going into partnership.He ended up in a diff situation to me were he could do tiling for a good few months were as i had to work.So wasn't much of a partnership so i took the decision to end it all very amicably we had our own tools so no prob their.We bought a van my partner was talking it but know i've ended up way it.

I felt as if the both of us were holding each other back on decisions like advertising and spending money on our business.Now i only have to answer to myself(and the wife of course)and only now i feel like i'm starting out even tho i've done tiling jobs over the months.

We were advised at the start not to go into partnership and didn't listen but Darren was right.

WOW! I'm so glad I'm not alone on this issue, I'm starting to feel better already, cheers m8

D

doug boardley

Graham, before you rush into hasty decisions, ask if you're partner is holding you back or just doing a thorough job.Times are hard and going to get harder over the next few months, have a good look at what you're doing, go out for a couple of beers with your partner on the notion that you both need to discuss future plans!

G

graham31

Graham, before you rush into hasty decisions, ask if you're partner is holding you back or just doing a thorough job.Times are hard and going to get harder over the next few months, have a good look at what you're doing, go out for a couple of beers with your partner on the notion that you both need to discuss future plans!
Great suggestion.............look at all the options......................but it sounds like you kinda have your mind made up Graham

G

graham1708

Great suggestion.............look at all the options......................but it sounds like you kinda have your mind made up Graham

Money can't buy what you guys have(experience) and I just thought I'd ask before I jump into anything.

I'm gonna have to sleep on this for a few days. I'll let you all know the out come in the coming days.

Please keep voting :thumbsup:

Thanks again for all your help.

B

brian c

dont beat youirself up about this...it happens all the time.

In my situation i got out early..i was getting ALL the work and the other guy Nothing..then he made the fatal mistake...GREED.

L

Leatherface

Hi,
prefer working alone and getting in help if needed. Works best for me.
If you do decide to join forces, then would be a good idea to seek legal advice and have a Partnership Contract drawn up.Dot all the i's and cross all the t's This will make things a lot more straight forward if either of you decide it is not working and wish to dissolve the partnership, a bit like getting divorced.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gracer

The only partnership worth working full time on is that with your wife/girlfriend/hubby, imho. A lot of jobs only require one guy....maybe an offsider.
I have a good tiler mate & we call on each other if there is a larger job to do & just split the bill, accordingly.

Reply to Partnership or sole trader? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen