Search the forum,

Discuss Part P Testing of UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheRealRobG

Starting a new thread as this is unrelated to my last post.

I seem to be having trouble getting my usual electrician to certify my UFH, as he told me he'd only certificate things he installed himself. And because I'd be laying the heating mat and tiling over it, that didn't qualify as him installing it, even if he wired the cold tails in himself. He was worried that even if he laid the mat, it'd get damaged during tiling etc. etc.

I assume there are electricians around who will test and perform final connection on an UFH system which has already been laid under tiles?

I think I'm going to find it difficult to get a qualified electrician who also does tiling...

I'm in the Portsmouth area if anyone can recommend a local sparky...

M

mikethetile

your sparks is being a bit silly here, have another talk with him

when you lay your mats buy a cheap meter from a diy shed, you only need the continuity test

check when laid and again when the slc has gone off, at this stage its not much of an issue to break out the slc if you have a break

once its slc ed theres very little chance of damage by trowel or walking on it

and you can test as you go along, giving a final test once tilings completed

your not making any connections the sparks does that. he only needs to test and connect, hes not offering a guarantee on your work

Reply to Part P Testing of UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.