Search the forum,

Discuss Part P Testing of UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheRealRobG

Starting a new thread as this is unrelated to my last post.

I seem to be having trouble getting my usual electrician to certify my UFH, as he told me he'd only certificate things he installed himself. And because I'd be laying the heating mat and tiling over it, that didn't qualify as him installing it, even if he wired the cold tails in himself. He was worried that even if he laid the mat, it'd get damaged during tiling etc. etc.

I assume there are electricians around who will test and perform final connection on an UFH system which has already been laid under tiles?

I think I'm going to find it difficult to get a qualified electrician who also does tiling...

I'm in the Portsmouth area if anyone can recommend a local sparky...

M

mikethetile

your sparks is being a bit silly here, have another talk with him

when you lay your mats buy a cheap meter from a diy shed, you only need the continuity test

check when laid and again when the slc has gone off, at this stage its not much of an issue to break out the slc if you have a break

once its slc ed theres very little chance of damage by trowel or walking on it

and you can test as you go along, giving a final test once tilings completed

your not making any connections the sparks does that. he only needs to test and connect, hes not offering a guarantee on your work

D

diamondtiling

I have an electrician who wires everything up for me, I do the tests and he double checks them. Never had any problems as yet.

:thumbsup:

S

Scott

Find yourself another sparky, Wiring it in to the spur is the sparkys part of the installation and the only part he should be worried about. The test is from the spur to the consumer and thats all. If he plugs a tv into a scoket he just fitted he isnt liable for the tv!

Get yourself a meter as mike suggested, i got a cheap one from Maplins for about a £5

G

Gazebo

Warm up comes with an installation alarm, well the last one I laid did.
And yes yoiur sparks is being rather daft, are you sure there is no other reason why he wont cert his connection of heating mat/cable.

D

DHTiling

Just ask your spark , does he want your work or not..there are plenty sparks who will test that for you and if you need one let me know.

We have a sparky forum full of them..:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

You guys need to come down to EARTH with those replies.:smilewinkgrin: and get a bit of continuity in your posts

Reply to Part P Testing of UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen