Search the forum,

Discuss Paint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
paramount is a pita. Partitions are thrown up and decorators just hit it without any prep. Its plasterboard so it must be ok, lets not worry about the dust on it or any of the other carp!

C

Colour Republic

paramount is a pita. Partitions are thrown up and decorators just hit it without any prep. Its plasterboard so it must be ok, lets not worry about the dust on it or any of the other carp!

ahh that would make them labourers with a paint brush and not decorators ;)

W

White Room

if it's flaking off plasterboard it must have been really badly applied!!

Dry wall with taped joints should be sealed before any decorating and in most it's never applied and as you know price can be a bit tight and I've seen one thick coat of emulsion used and no mist coat.

D

Daz

Years ago, I was advised that a weak mix of rapid spf smeared over the walls and left to "crust", then washed off will take the paint with it. I've never had to try it, but maybe someone else could confirm or deny?

S

Scott

I read on here the other day about smearing tubbed over it, quote a good use for tubbed when you think about it. I have used a steamer

Reply to Paint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen