Search the forum,

Discuss olive oil stain in grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

martin1976

how can i get this out? ive scrubbed over it with soapy water but the oil has soaked in?

will it come out over time?

it is BAL grey grout between ceramic floor tiles.

Thanks.

E

enduro

how can i get this out? ive scrubbed over it with soapy water but the oil has soaked in?

will it come out over time?

it is BAL grey grout between ceramic floor tiles.

Thanks.

Could try Aqua mix poultice remover, open link below for details.

Attachments

• AQM108_tb.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 23
M

martin1976

ah that poltice looks like it might do the trick.

its about 15cm strip of grout.. dropped a whole bottle and chipped a tile slightly, but fixed that with nail varnish... most of oil cleaned up ok, but just one strip it still looks wet and greasy. i gathered it has soaked into the grout.

any ideas where i might be able to pick that stuff up? topps maybe??

T

Terry Cottar

ah that poltice looks like it might do the trick.

its about 15cm strip of grout.. dropped a whole bottle and chipped a tile slightly, but fixed that with nail varnish... most of oil cleaned up ok, but just one strip it still looks wet and greasy. i gathered it has soaked into the grout.

any ideas where i might be able to pick that stuff up? topps maybe??

Try Dave at tradetiler if not do a search online for it

tel

M

martin1976

thanks for the help...

im just trying to weigh up all my options here.. will it cover if i whack some grout over the top of it, or will it soak into the new grout? could i colour the grout to hide it, i know this will mean doing the whole floor though?

suppose other option is to chop the marked sections out and regrout? is this hard to do by hand? suppose its a hammer and chisel job?

also next question... to avoid this happening again, i suppose i should have sealed the grout when i layed the floor - whats best for this?

D

DHTiling

You could also try using LTP products for this.

LTP spot stain remover and LTP fullers earth, these are designed for grease stains etc.

Tile giant will be able to get these or might even have them in stock..:thumbsup:

thumb_p_spot_stain_remover.jpg

LTP Spot Stain Remover

Description: LTP Spot Stain Remover is effective at removing the majority of mineral oil and cooking oil stains (including oil spatters). Suitable for use on quarry tiles, terracotta, limestone, bricks, cement and paving. Combine with LTP Fullers Earth to help remove older cooking oil stains.

Tips: Pick this product if you have spot stains from hot oil and other absorbed domestic spillages....

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

thumb_p_fullers_earth.jpg

LTP Fullers Earth

Description: LTP Fullers Earth is an ultra-absorbent stain remover for all greasy stains (oil, grease, make-up, sebum etc.). For use on fabrics, leather, porous floors, stone, terracotta and wood. For stubborn stains on flooring combine with LTP Spot Stain Remover.

Tips: Pick this product if you have spot stains from hot oil and other absorbed domestic spillages.

PROM

Last edited by a moderator:
M

martin1976

been looking at hg spot stain remover, looks similar? do you think that will work ok?

i think i need to clean the whole grout once ive got the oil out and then seal it all to stop this happening again.

can anyone recommend a good sealer and something to clean it all back to original colour? floor has been down only a year, but has a few mucky grout bits by the back door and around the cats bowls etc.

D

DHTiling

To clean the grout then i find LTP Grimex is good... i used it on a ravertine floor to remove old sealer and clean the grout...Good stuff.

thumb_p_grimex.jpg

LTP Grimex

Description: LTP Grimex is the answer to stubborn grime, old layers of wax or acrylic and even rubber sole marks on terracotta and natural stone flooring. Suitable for use on glazed and unglazed tiles, this product is excellent for renovating old quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, marble and stone fireplaces.

Tips: Pick this product if you have stubborn dirt and grime, greasy films, dirty grouting, old layers of acrylic sealers and wax, rubber sole marks on glazed ceramics and porcelain, old and tired looking tiled floors, soot marks on stone fireplaces...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

martin1976

nice one mate. looks like there are plenty of things i can use without the chose of chopping out the marked grout.

ill get ordering some cleaners and hopefully get it fixed.

thanks for all the help. will post back if i have any probs.

Reply to olive oil stain in grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen