Search the forum,

Discuss Non flexy addy in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when to use flexy and when is it not needed?

I've got wall boards to tile (plasterboard - I know its not ideal) and also a suspended floor that I'll glue&screw cement board to.

So do I need flexy in both cases? What is flexy for - surely nobody tiles directly on wood ?

I will be using bagged cement based addy but the flexy stuff seems to cost almost double.

I am a DIYer as you can tell from the questions. Please go easy on me and any constructive replies very gratefully received !

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello All

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when to use flexy and when is it not needed?

I've got wall boards to tile (plasterboard - I know its not ideal) and also a suspended floor that I'll glue&screw cement board to.

So do I need flexy in both cases? What is flexy for - surely nobody tiles directly on wood ?

I will be using bagged cement based addy but the flexy stuff seems to cost almost double.

I am a DIYer as you can tell from the questions. Please go easy on me and any constructive replies very gratefully received !
Nearly most cement based tile adhesive are partially polymer modified, so they can be used with porcelain tiles ( when stated on the bag ) but a flexible C2 and above is more modified to allow for minimal deformity in the substrate.
so you can use a C1 none flexible on the walls and a flexible on the floor .

Reply to Non flexy addy in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen