Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Nicobond plastic ply.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazebo

Hi all,
Just seen this product 'Nicobond plastic ply' in one of my suppliers.

It says it is self adhesive plastic sheeting to enable tiling to floorboards etc.

Anyone tried it out or even seen it yet.

Cant work how it would reduce any deflection in the flooring but maybe someone else can for me.

Keep up the good work guys 'n' gals great forum.

Gary
[email protected]

G

grumpygrouter

Hi all,
Just seen this product 'Nicobond plastic ply' in one of my suppliers.

It says it is self adhesive plastic sheeting to enable tiling to floorboards etc.

Anyone tried it out or even seen it yet.

Cant work how it would reduce any deflection in the flooring but maybe someone else can for me.

Keep up the good work guys 'n' gals great forum.

Gary
[email protected]
Neither can I!!!

O

obobsmith

Googled it, says it eliminates the need for 15mm ply.
Footnotes say floor must be rigid, so I'd suggest you prob need 15mm ply:yikes:.
Guess it just acts as a decoupling membrane then:lol::lol:.

It would be nice if it did eliminate having to ply, but it sounds as if Nicobond are in a place populated by lots of clouds and cuckoo's.

G

Gazebo

Thanks for the speedy reply grumps and co, I have now found a previous post regards to this product and yes it does appear to be useless if it doesnt give the flooring any strength or act as a decoupling memebrane.

Thanks

Gary.
[email protected]:8:

T

Time's Ran Out

Funny that isnt it - Nicobond have been around over 30 years so you'd think that putting their name to it, it must have some redeeming features!

Timeless John.

G

Gazebo

Well TJ if you know of any please enlighten us, cause i just cant see the point of it.

Gary

Reply to Nicobond plastic ply.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks