Search the forum,

Discuss next door neighbours get a plumber in to tile bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

come back home tonight from work and noticed a plumbing van next door he was carrying rubbish out and it look liked broken tiles, so i waited till he had gone i thought id go round and be cheeky and see what they were having done my neighbour said were having bathroom re tiled and the bath re surfaced and that was it, i said i could have done it for you he replied i did consider you but the plumber is a friend of a friend and hes doing it really cheap so i didnt think youd be interested.

13 years they have lived next door to us we got on aswell. i wont look at him in the same way so i left the house sat in my van had a sulk then went to quote another job.

funnily enough theres a roofer next door to me aswell (the other side) and next door to him was having a new roof didnt even ask for a quote

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Who needs neighbours like that :lol::lol:

If it goes pear shaped.........you can stand back and laugh

Last edited:
L

LM Ceramics

i know cj i hope it does go pear shaped then ill laugh and laugh, maybe secretly they thought i was a tosser who knows

L

LM Ceramics

i hope so whitebeam if i dont get an invite then ill just knock on the door and make an excuse "ive lost my key can i use your toilet"

M

MrSpoon

thats pretty low not to mention it to you atleast, ive done work for neighbours and its great, just kind of feel abliged to do it for a cheaper price tho, on the bright side, out of the 16 houses on our little cul-de-sac 7 have had their garages converted, all by the same builder (apart from one) and the render is rough as owt and falling off, so looking like i have a couple of small rendering jobs to do, i wont repair any of the render, just hack it off and redo it again, nice steady stream of work coming in now :yes: well i say stream, its more of a wandering puddle :thumbsup:

as regareds pj's comment, i tend to agree, its good practice for a new starter such as myself, but the only benefit is experience, no proffitable gain atall, or very slim, tho i have now started doing jobs at a more reasonable price to make it worth my while, to any other joe bloggs tho its standard price wth no mates rates

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to next door neighbours get a plumber in to tile bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen