Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie with a question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DannyT

Hi all,

This is my first post so apologies if this has been asked a hundred times!

I have a small kitchen floor that I want to tile (red quarry tiles) along with underfloor heating mats.

I was planning on sealing the concrete floor with pva, put some self levelling compound down, putting blue insulating board on that, heating matt on top, then using a flexible tile adhesive and tiling on that.

Does that running order sound about right?

One more thing, I was given a 25kg bag of 'Sealocrete sealoflor', I noticed on the bag it states that it's not recommended for heated floors, as I am putting it down under the blue insulating matts I had hoped that it would be ok, I called Bostik who make the stuff and they said it "should be ok", however they recommend using the 'super' version which has latex in it. I asked them if I could mix a latex primer into the stuff I have and they said no.

I just wanted to check with you guys that I am doing the right thing, and importantly will the sealocrete sealoflor be ok under the blue boards, obviously the last thing I want is for it to crack due to heat.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!!

Danny.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
pva is no good as a primer for tiling, and i would forget about the sealocrete

prime the floor with a proper primer , i.e primer g by mapai or weber primer

self level the floor with a flexi slc, the insulation boards stick down with a single part flex adhesive , lay mat out and again self level over matt with flexi slc
make sure matt is firmly fixed other wise it may float up through slc
fix tiles using a single part flex adhesive all these products you can get from tile giant if there is one near you, apart from the webber products, also grout with flexi grout

oh this makes sense

Reply to Newbie with a question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen