Search the forum,

Discuss New Raimondi Toys... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

As twas my birthday last week I treated myself to a new washboy and pair of kneelers:thumbsup:
th_kneepadsetc039.jpg

th_kneepadsetc040.jpg

th_kneepadsetc044.jpg

th_kneepadsetc045.jpg

th_kneepadsetc041.jpg

th_kneepadsetc046.jpg

th_kneepadsetc047.jpg

th_kneepadsetc048.jpg

The washboy plastic seems equal to my Karl Dahm, but not too sure on the rollers set up - think the thin metal bar that retains the bucket sides together may well get lost in time. Built in wheels seem OK, but time will tell.
Knee pads are great - really soft and comfortable with a nice strap that wraps around the top of your calf rather than behind the knee
I'm keeping the washboy for use on light coloured grouts only, so won't be using till next week - will report back then.
Using the kneelers tomorrow, so will report back tomorrow night....

Well I've now had a couple of days using the Relax knee pads.......

Rubbish:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Too narrow for my knees (no I haven't got fat knees:lol:) the side walls of the plastic front is far too narrow and consequently I am wearing them they keep twisting sideways and constantly have to be adjusted:mad2:

I will persevere for now but can see them being relegated to the top shelf in the van:prrr:

Yes...., I now know I should have gone for Alpro's Dave:lol::lol:

And a karl dahm washboy

Already got a KD mate, just fancied a change/new one for light coloured grouts - hoping the 'Skipper' will be OK but not holding my breath.....

On the plus side the Raimondi slant ridge serator I got is 'BRILLIANT' and is by far the easiest trowel I have ever had to clean:thumbsup:

OK, used the Raimondi Skipper washboy for the first time on Saturday:thumbsup:

Like Joe says the 'plastic' grill is really high up in the bucket, (I might end up replacing the grill with a custom made metal one) so there's a heck of a lot of water in there before you clear it:thumbsdown: However the dimensions of the bucket are not as long as the KD, so the extra height probably balances out the volume of water it carries in comparison to it's German competitor:thumbsup:
I did feel a slight buckling to the handle when I picked the full bucket up, but that might be me just being picky:lol:
However it does have the wheels so once you are where you need to be it can be manoeuvred quite easily even when full:thumbsup:
The rollers are also plastic and quite a bit thicker than the KD equivalents, but do exactly what they are supposed to with great success:thumbsup:
The spongeboard supplied has a heftier handle than what I'm used to, but I will get used to the feel of that and I do like the idea of the clip on/off replaceable sponges which themselves are a lovely thick and soft sponge which really cleans off well:thumbsup:

In summary:
Great bit of kit that I would recommend and does exactly what it is supposed to:thumbsup:

Reply to New Raimondi Toys... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.