Search the forum,

Discuss new member needs advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

div

Thks everybody...existing tiles are 15x15 I am wanting to put on 20 x 30. But think I need to talk to my plumber/tiler and see what he suggests...but at the moment the job is not including taking off the old tiles - his suggestion, not mine. He thought the base structure would be fine.
Biggest area of tiling is 1.65 x 1.65 meters, another 2.5m x 1.3 but around bath end etc
So any more comments..thks guys for effort to help

get a tiler in...to save money u could strip tiles of walls?? if not get a few quotes from TILERS and take it from there ...not a builder...

D

div

get a tiler in...to save money u could strip tiles of walls?? if not get a few quotes from TILERS and take it from there ...not a builder...

oops sorry PLUMBER .....hehe my best mate ....NOT.....LOL

W

White Room

I use powdered adhesive on anything over 6x6 tiles, thats only if the walls are good for the smaller tiles

F

faithhealer

welcome to the forums, you will get top advice on here but sometimes it's not what you (or plumber) wants to hear!

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't believe I'am typing to 'pigglypots'

Tell your plumber/tiler to do the job properly and take the old tiles off!
Make good/replace any bad walls and save money by buying Mapei Keraquick adhesive and Mapei grout.
As indicated by Whitebeam the new tiling will only be as safe as the tiles already on and the extra weight may caused a problem in the future.
Any tubbed adhesive will take an age to set - if ever - when tile on tiles so protect the bath with plywood and start hacking them off!:thumbsup:

Timeless (tiggywinkle) John.

D

david campbell

not necessarily, but tiling on tile so think I need something good - flexible and good grip I am assuming.
Any other recommendations?
Topps want 29.99 for Bal white star - well they only stock 'grip' these days.
Thks

are you joking! i get white star for less than £20 a tub:thumbsup:

from topps!

P

pigglypots

yep, 29.99. But as I said no trade account, hence the original question if there are any other suppliers in Sth Manchester area

Reply to new member needs advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen