Discuss Mosaic floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys. Installing small mosaic sheets on a floor. Im laying Hardie-backer over the chipboard. Would it be a good idea to put a small layer of self-levelling over the Hardie, given tbat the mosaics Im using are small? Thanks

Reaction score
May be too late a reply now. I've just had to overboard a bathroom floor to fit mosaics. Ended up using the 6mm Hardie backer board. Was originally planning to use no more ply as smoother, only was not stocked near to where I was working. Ended up fitting the backer board upside down, bedded on adhesive and screwed down. Can't see no issues with this method 👍

Reply to Mosaic floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay