Search the forum,

Discuss modular, non- modular in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

when you describe tiles as modular or modular tiling, it describes setting out to meet tiles of a different sizes and lining the grout joints through or to line up a tile of the same size on a different surface

O

oogabooga

An example would be say a 600mm square tile, being set with a 300mm square one. If the smaller tile were exactly 300mm it would not be modular because when you lay two two 300mm tiles next to a 600mm one there is no grout line between the two smaller ones - your floor/wall would look pretty unusual:smilewinkgrin:. If however it were say 297 square then it would be modular. The extra 3mm lopped off the smaller tile allows for the grout line.

Another example might be a 600 by 300mm tile (non modular) and a 600 by 297mm tile (modular).......and so on and so forth. I think you get the drift.

Reply to modular, non- modular in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.