Discuss Mega Now Online (sort of) - The Old MegaUpload / Kim Dotcom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you have been following this, but I have.

There was a website called MegaUpload owned by a bloke named Kim. Changed his surname to Dotcom, as bold as it sounds. lol

Some info here: guardian.co.uk | Search | kim dotcom

Basically his site was accused of hosting and being part of illegal file sharing. There were just as many submissions to Megaupload as there were to YouTube when it came to copyright material (YouTube to this date still hosts more illegal content than Megaupload ever did due to the size and popularity of YouTube).

Americans got involved with this old SOPA thing. And they closed his site down, raided his mansions, took his vehicles (loads of classics - had number plates suck as HACKER, GUILTY, JOKER and loads of other tongue-in-cheek ones).

So far they've not managed to 'do him' for much. And they've actually been 'done' themselves for following him illegally and some other similar stuff.

Anyway, he's got a new website up and it's similar once again to some already massive players.

www.kim.com/mega - I say he's got it up, it's actually suffering a bit due to high traffic volumes so I'm yet to see it myself, been checking every hour or so today.

One up (I say) on American Government being dodgy with Hollywood money. Obama apparently got a shed load of voters and financial backing from hollywood for talking about stopping these sorts of websites. So Obama had to act on his word. And Kim was the victim. But he's more knowledgeable when it comes to the 'net than even obama's administration so he's not doing well still today.

Reply to Mega Now Online (sort of) - The Old MegaUpload / Kim Dotcom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay