Currently reading:
Me, my back and I!

Discuss Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

This is a very comfortable height for me.
I lied apparently :D not half way up my forearm it turns out.
If I stand straight alongside and straighten my arms, the palms of my hands sit perfectly on the table.

3B25542D-0F60-47D3-99AC-B3B7BF658F83.jpeg

O

Old Mod

This is my second table that’s used when I need two set ups.
It’s made up with two toughbuilt C700’s & two C500’s, but they’re far too low for you.
C 700’s are height adjustable, C 500’s not
I just put two 12mm sheets on screwed together, very stable. Carpet takes out vibration and you can cut flat on table in to carpet which is sacrificial.
So there’s no need to overhang the tile when doing cut outs for niches whatever.

C0F75076-660D-4D3F-AFBC-65D2CE62C77A.jpeg 5CE22A19-FE4E-44BD-B8EE-05EAB0B2D3C7.jpeg

L

LM

This is my second table that’s used when I need two set ups.
It’s made up with two toughbuilt C700’s & two C500’s, but they’re far too low for you.
C 700’s are height adjustable, C 500’s not
I just put two 12mm sheets on screwed together, very stable. Carpet takes out vibration and you can cut flat on table in to carpet which is sacrificial.
So there’s no need to overhang the tile when doing cut outs for niches whatever.

View attachment 97506 View attachment 97507
Yore gonna need a lorry soon the way you’re going Marc.

O

Old Mod

I’ve no doubt about the amount of kit you need to turn out the work you do but bloody hell theres a lot of it :)
When everything is assembled, yeah there is mate, but everything I have can actually all be broken down small enough to fit in bags or tubes, except a full sheet of ply :) but invariably I get the Builder to provide that, I used to take my own, now I just tell them it’s a requirement.

F

Flintstone

How you ever managed in that ensuite job where you had about 1sq m of working room is beyond me marc!

Had a think about it today, and because I don’t use any x large format, generally the longest cut I’m likely to make is 600, a Ketter size table top is the perfect size for me, so I’m looking to get a one piece tressle/stand that I can put a top on, similar to the thing John suggested. Something light weight also

O

Old Mod

Planning and making most of available space I spose Andy.
Every aspect of my work is different really, and good organisational skills are essential.
You have to plan every tile, from selection, to fabrication to installation.
You have to consider the fitting first, can it actually be done, once that is decided the rest has to be carried out, very carefully. Haha :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've not had a back problem since I stopped keeping my wallet in my back pocket ( seriously... )

Many moons ago in a past life I used to cover 30-40k mikes a year and had trouble with my back and down my right leg, primarily in knee, doctors had it x-rayed, couldn’t find anything wrong. Sent me to physio and he asked me what my job was, told him what I did and he asked if I kept my wallet in back pocket. Same as you Paul, never put my wallet in back pocket now, as it puts your spine out of alignment, same as driving with your arm leant out of the window, it slightly twists your spine

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Exactly the same John, driving to and from Italy all the time. My Osteopath looked at me standing, from behind, at my first appointment and said " You keep your wallet in your back pocket"!

Same as my physio when he asked if I do a lot of driving, he knew straightaway what the doctors and consultants didn’t

Reply to Me, my back and I! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement