Search the forum,

Discuss max weight help needed please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

asabrush

Hi all, got a job to do using a marble tile onto stud walls,12mm plasterboard with a skimcoat on. The spec on the box says its weighing in at 18.2 kg for .89m2. Maths is one of my weaker points:dizzy2: Can any of you tell me if this will be over the recommended weight of 20kg per m2 for laying tiles on skim. They have to be laid as a stagger bond pattern so therefore using more addy to keep them flush n level.I'm not sure how to calculate the added weight of addy....

Thanks kindly for any advice info

W

White Room

Check this out will guide you on tile weights Tiles and Adhesive Weight Per Square Metre - THE TILE SOURCE

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Hi all, got a job to do using a marble tile onto stud walls,12mm plasterboard with a skimcoat on. The spec on the box says its weighing in at 18.2 kg for .89m2. Maths is one of my weaker points:dizzy2: Can any of you tell me if this will be over the recommended weight of 20kg per m2 for laying tiles on skim. They have to be laid as a stagger bond pattern so therefore using more addy to keep them flush n level.I'm not sure how to calculate the added weight of addy....

Thanks kindly for any advice info
Yes it will with your addy and adhesive. You will really need to reboard with something like a backerboard which will accept more weight.

Reply to max weight help needed please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen