Discuss Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

Hi marty, I read at least 3 of your posts
with wrong approach to work
of tiler.
I wish you luck and if you need advice
we are here.

F

Flintstone

I understand you want to change career and get into this trade and I wouldn't discourage anyone wanting to better themselves or be more happy with there job but I think you have the wrong attitude completely and no respect for this trade or the people who will be paying for a professional job to be completed by 2 inexperienced, incompetent people! Learn to walk before you try and run.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
20160531_205802.png

I

Italy

I understand you want to change career and get into this trade and I wouldn't discourage anyone wanting to better themselves or be more happy with there job but I think you have the wrong attitude completely and no respect for this trade or the people who will be paying for a professional job to be completed by 2 inexperienced, incompetent people! Learn to walk before you try and run.
you have a future as a forum moderator
I will make your name to the next meeting...

T

Time's Ran Out

So why all of a thread is there so much negativity towards a newbie?
My views have been maligned for years over the protection of our trade with many stating - they have to start somewhere!
So what’s different here?
Is it the 2 week course or the wetroom installation?
The lad @Marty80 has beeen honest, stated his intentions and along with a plumber thinks it’s easy and knows the way forward only to be heavily criticised before he’s started.
Is he aware that Schluter Systems run free wetroom courses, all the adhesive manufacturers have training days and many members on here ask and receive advice every day.
So where’s the friendly advice and encouragement that makes our forum the best.
I’ve invited and had new members come out to visit me on site (Sam) so if it’s the protection of the trade we are after - advise!

W

Waluigi

It’s the fact that it’s a Wetroom being tiled after a two week course, John. That’s where the negativity comes from.

It’s no different to the countless times you have been negative and unfriendly. Being a staff member doesn’t wipe out all of those times from our memory.

F

Flintstone

I can't quite believe what I'm reading from you John. It's the care free attitude and statements that have been quoted by members that have ruffled feathers!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It’s the fact that a lot of people think it’s easy, and go out and charge some poor customer for a job that could potentially cause a mountain of problems............2 week courses are for DIYers. To even “Think” about doing a wetroom is unbelievable with no experience at all.

Would anyone of us do a 2 week medical course, and then go and “Try” to perform surgery on some unsuspecting fool

Reply to Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks