Search the forum,

Discuss Marble slab wall(one piece) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello people,
i have a bathroom to start monday i think,lol.
anyway its marble or porcelain,but in it there will be a marble slab 1.8m x 1.0m basically attached to a straight wall,prob a shower in behind it.
I was wondering have any of you folk fitted one of these before?
Apparently the tile shop has supplied two tubes of something to stick it to the tiles !!!:yikes: i'd rather sink it into wall a bit and tile around it if you know what i mean. or use some sort of brackets? any ideas lads and lasses?

W

White Room

Not something I've ever done but did chat to a tiler who put a few up for an exhibition, used addy but had to make sure it was fully bedded onto the wall. You might need a hand for that slab.

H

hillhead

I'll see it saturday morning hopefully,i imagine it will be around 40-50mm thick,also think they have dropped the marble from the walls and are going porcelain now,the tiles are waiting on me anyway,one of them jobs where i haven't even priced it but have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

20mm thick normally joe..but suppose on where it is from...
same shop supplied me with a few tiles for windowboards etc lately and they were 30mm thick,nice stuff too.i'll know soon enough,i need to be clued up on the best fixing method.

H

hillhead

You will have your hands full there Joe!

Need a spare one?
you slack davy? It will be a heavy bugger i know.lol.ill see it in mornin.they now want big kitchen floor done too by the sounds of her tonight.i had 3 days allowed!:incazzato:

Reply to Marble slab wall(one piece) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen