Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Lubricant for RUBI manual cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
Just wondering what everyone uses to lubricate there manual cutters?
I have Rubi, what would you recommend?

I

Italy

sigma recommends wd40,
I also believe montolit. (am I still speaking ill of montolit?)
I do it once a month. clean it dust, put wd40 and clean with a rag. you must not leave it greased, otherwise the dust attacks.

IMG_20191004_124231030.jpg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Because of the rubber rings on the guides ( assuming Ts,tx range) it is advised to use a silicone based lubricant as wd40 can rot the rubbers. Rubi sell there own but you can get a spray one from Screwfix

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Because of the rubber rings on the guides ( assuming Ts,tx range) it is advised to use a silicone based lubricant as wd40 can rot the rubbers. Rubi sell there own but you can get a spray one from Screwfix
Cheers Dave, thanks mate 👍🏼

I

Italy

Italian tile cutters are made of iron and aluminum, rubber is not used. haha. maybe montolit has something in rubber? :)

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Same as, silicone spray all the way.

O

Old Mod

I’ve never had to spray anything in my sigmas, only oil wheel and foot mechanism.
0000 wire wool lightly down the bar and inside the handle with a cloth. Run as free now as they were when new.

O

Old Mod

What no lube , everyone likes a bit lube now and again 😁😁
Nah not me Dave, I keep my machines clean! 😁
It only attracts more dust anyway, and once you start, you just can’t stop, well that’s what I’m told anyway. 😂😂

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Cheers for all the replies lads, much appreciated.
Seems like lube is the way forward for me, cough, more tea vicar!

Reply to Lubricant for RUBI manual cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock