Discuss Lubricant for RUBI manual cutters in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

H573

H573

TF
Reactions
Hi all,
Just wondering what everyone uses to lubricate there manual cutters?
I have Rubi, what would you recommend?

I

Italy

sigma recommends wd40,
I also believe montolit. (am I still speaking ill of montolit?)
I do it once a month. clean it dust, put wd40 and clean with a rag. you must not leave it greased, otherwise the dust attacks.

IMG_20191004_124231030.jpg

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,196 1
Because of the rubber rings on the guides ( assuming Ts,tx range) it is advised to use a silicone based lubricant as wd40 can rot the rubbers. Rubi sell there own but you can get a spray one from Screwfix

H573

H573

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because of the rubber rings on the guides ( assuming Ts,tx range) it is advised to use a silicone based lubricant as wd40 can rot the rubbers. Rubi sell there own but you can get a spray one from Screwfix
Cheers Dave, thanks mate 👍🏼

I

Italy

Italian tile cutters are made of iron and aluminum, rubber is not used. haha. maybe montolit has something in rubber? :)

Albert

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
9,462 24
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
1570194776055.pngRubi's care kit.
I don't use it myself as @Dave silicone spray

Boggs

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
4,588 20
Same as, silicone spray all the way.

O

Old Mod

I’ve never had to spray anything in my sigmas, only oil wheel and foot mechanism.
0000 wire wool lightly down the bar and inside the handle with a cloth. Run as free now as they were when new.

Reply to Lubricant for RUBI manual cutters in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.