Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Looking to get work experience Tiling in Glasgow in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I have just finished a 4 week tile course and I am trying to start working for myself. Planning to take on basic jobs to begin with and build confidence. I would also really like to get a bit on the job experience with a professional tiler.

I would ideally be looking to work a day or two a week. Not looking for paid work. Happy to work for free to gain experience. A friend told me about this forum site and thought this would be a good place to look.

I am based in central Glasgow and have my own van for transport as well as my own tools. Is anyone looking for a someone to help out that would be able to offer some work experience?

If so or if you know of anyone who is please let me know. Would be much appreciated. It's hard starting out so just reaching out for any help going. I am a good listener and have a great work attitude.

Bob

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Bob.

Have a look in our find a tiler directory, you may find someone listed near you, give them a call.
This is a good place to start tho, there’s enough to read to keep you going for the next few years, think of a question, it’ll be in here somewhere, use the search engine on the top menu bar.
Or just get involved and ask the question anyway.
The more involved you get, the more you’ll be known to members, the more chance you may get a lead.
Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. 😁
Good luck.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge in the guys here and also in past threads, I still find lots of good information having a browse.

If you look in the find a tiler it will be my listing that comes up from Glasgow for now, I'm based in Paisley and I've had a few folk contact me but I'm not in a position to be able to help anyone for now unfortunately as I work to a pretty tight schedule but no harm in sending me your number via Pm. (click on my account and then start conversation)There are tilers vans in all the streets surrounding where I live so there are plenty of us around so fingers crossed you find someone pretty soon, all the best 🤞🙂

P.s. you have CTD & Topps at Helen Street near ibrox, and then at Hillington you have Topps, Tile Giant, Nicobond, Crocotile, Tile mania and plenty more suppliers of you are looking for supplies/tiles

Last edited:

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge in the guys here and also in past threads, I still find lots of good information having a browse.

If you look in the find a tiler it will be my listing that comes up from Glasgow for now, I'm based in Paisley and I've had a few folk contact me but I'm not in a position to be able to help anyone for now unfortunately as I work to a pretty tight schedule but no harm in sending me your number via Pm. (click on my account and then start conversation)There are tilers vans in all the streets surrounding where I live so there are plenty of us around so fingers crossed you find someone pretty soon, all the best 🤞🙂

P.s. you have CTD & Topps at Helen Street near ibrox, and then at Hillington you have Topps, Tile Giant, Nicobond, Crocotile, Tile mania and plenty more suppliers of you are looking for supplies/tiles
CTD on London road also

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just finished a 4 week tile course and I am trying to start working for myself. Planning to take on basic jobs to begin with and build confidence. I would also really like to get a bit on the job experience with a professional tiler.

I would ideally be looking to work a day or two a week. Not looking for paid work. Happy to work for free to gain experience. A friend told me about this forum site and thought this would be a good place to look.

I am based in central Glasgow and have my own van for transport as well as my own tools. Is anyone looking for a someone to help out that would be able to offer some work experience?

If so or if you know of anyone who is please let me know. Would be much appreciated. It's hard starting out so just reaching out for any help going. I am a good listener and have a great work attitude.

Bob
I like your attitude, shame you don’t live further south as I would of helped you out, seems nowadays a lot of people over value themselves and demand serious m2 rates to work for a subbie

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Thanks Tony,

Appreciate the help. I will send details via PM.

Reply to Looking to get work experience Tiling in Glasgow in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock