Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for ideas... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a garden path outside of my conserbpvatory which I am currently screeding. I want to overlay the screed with quarry tiles but am concerned that these over time become slippery when wet... I am deffo using quarries cos I have hundreds reclaimed from my kitchen refurb. They are all reds by the way.

Anyway I was thinking of leaving quite big gaps between them or maybe tile a row and leave a row sort of thing so I can intersperse them with bonded gravel (probably 10mm crushed limestone or similar) sprinkled and pressed into tile adhesive... the idea being this would add a slip resistant element.

i am having trouble visualising what is will ultimately look like though. so I am inviting ideas from the professionals to see what you can come up with for me...

Thanks in anticipation..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just tile it with a 5mm joint and it will be fine.

Trouble is john I did that on the front garden... It's a Victorian house so I thought nice diamond pattern Victorian quarries 5mm gap... It's a flipping death trap in the winter....

J

J Sid

Take the tiles to a reclaim centre and on the way home buy some gravel with the proceeds.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How about rather than filling with gravel put something like camomile in. It will stay green all year round and produce a lovely fragrance when you walk over it. Just a thought from Mr Greenfingers.

Reply to Looking for ideas... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen