Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No, always suggest a dark grey.
Reason being, when have u ever seen brown joints in a timber floor?
Every timber floor I've seen has dirt between the joints after a while. So I try to mimick that with the grey

I've always used a dark grey too but on my last job (porc wood planks in a hallway) I used Mapei's UC Mud (136) and it really suits it.
Mixes up looking like mapeis chocolate but dries a dark grey with a slight hint of brown (like dirt!) - this colour will be my first choice now if I'm asked what grout I would recommend for these tiles.

O

Old Mod

I've always used a dark grey too but on my last job (porc wood planks in a hallway) I used Mapei's UC Mud (136) and it really suits it.
Mixes up looking like mapeis chocolate but dries a dark grey with a slight hint of brown (like dirt!) - this colour will be my first choice now if I'm asked what grout I would recommend for these tiles.
Cheers Nick, I'll have to have a go at that!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I've been on a site where nor only the builder instructed another tiler to use 1mm joints in planks over UFH. But it was grouted in Mapei Maron and looked awful!
I use grey 99% of the time too but have a look @marten as I have a 13sqm plank floor to do in a conservatory coming up soon.

L

LM

massive difference m8 on large format tiles I use themall the time

started to use the genesis system 2yrs ago, I found a factory in china that makes them and imported 200 bags of then clips at a cost o f £2.00 PER BAG we now use them on all most every job we use large format tiles on but like he says you have to have a wet mix. there not for the amature as they don't know how the addy reacts under the tile i still check that the tiles are giving the right coverage by lifting one or two near the end of a mix just in case. pease of mindlast year me and our kid did 80 mtrs using this method in a beauty salon in darlo in 2days must thank phil at ctd for the recommendation as the guy had been droped in it at the last minute due to an over lap of jobs

Hi Ray, any chance you could pass on the link for the supplier in China please. I use the same system and wouldn't be without them on those kind of jobs, brilliant once you know what your doing with them. How many are there in a bag?

Reply to Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks