Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

F06F665B-3F88-4667-A139-275E8CFE92EA.jpeg 59613AC0-A8BB-42B7-9228-8F2EF54D483D.jpeg 54270025-4366-421F-8F8F-E924FB1DB1B2.jpeg F84658FD-DFA0-445B-B669-F57029C84B39.jpeg 9E6CE6E8-9C1C-481B-9070-DCF9466CF10D.jpeg I’ve had arguments with ‘tilers’ who tell me that levelling clips are a gimmick and they’re not needed. Well look what happened to some plonker who said this to me. The floor without the clips is obvious and by pure coincidence I finished one yesterday were clips were used. I got a call by a plumber friend asking me to quote to finish the job that the ‘tiler’ who wouldn’t use clips got threw off, so I visited site yesterday to find this :eek:

London
I’m not actually ‘waiting’ for anything. They have no impact on my work or indeed any work I intend to do in the future. Any tile failure is a negative for all of us in the trade and certainly not something that I relish to see.

I’ve seen the system endorsed by very respected tilers and that’s good enough for me. I still struggle to understand why they are needed on ‘smaller’ format such as 60x60s but I also don’t require any explanation.

For those of you who have embraced the fixing method, I do however hope that it doesn’t impact the trade going forward by way of encouraging the DIY market to have a go at what in my experience is a trade that undertaken properly, is not within the capabilities of the average DIY’er. God knows I’ve seen enough disasters. Currently I see these systems placed at almost every point of sale. How long before they are packaged with the tiles under the marketing flag ‘endorsed by professionals’? Time will tell and I hope for the good of the trade, we don’t get to that point.

Happy fixing

D

Dumbo

I’m not actually ‘waiting’ for anything. They have no impact on my work or indeed any work I intend to do in the future. Any tile failure is a negative for all of us in the trade and certainly not something that I relish to see.

I’ve seen the system endorsed by very respected tilers and that’s good enough for me. I still struggle to understand why they are needed on ‘smaller’ format such as 60x60s but I also don’t require any explanation.

For those of you who have embraced the fixing method, I do however hope that it doesn’t impact the trade going forward by way of encouraging the DIY market to have a go at what in my experience is a trade that undertaken properly, is not within the capabilities of the average DIY’er. God knows I’ve seen enough disasters. Currently I see these systems placed at almost every point of sale. How long before they are packaged with the tiles under the marketing flag ‘endorsed by professionals’? Time will tell and I hope for the good of the trade, we don’t get to that point.

Happy fixing
If somebody pays me I will endorse anything

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement