Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just been to look at this hoping remedial work would sort it but unfortunately requires ripping out and re-doing properly.

From what I can see looking up from the garage is a sheet of ditra laid on the floorboards (no sign of it being stuck down with spf) then 12mm thick MDF on top of that - all this on a floating floor.
Can put my hand up and feel the backs of the brown skirting tiles that are dot and dabbed at the very tops where the PB ends, below that there is nothing.
Other areas of the bathroom have tiles holding on with grout.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Here's the shower waste through what looks and feels like MDF :
P1010062.jpg

Here you can see Ditra onto floorboards, the MDF is then on top of this:
P1010063-1.jpg

Where walls meet floor:
P1010060.jpg

P1010058.jpg

F

faithhealer

not a chance of that ever working was there. lost count of the number of houses now that have a shower they don't use because it leaks!

J

jay

O M G how do they sleep at night that room was doomed the minute they started thanks for the update Macten:mad2:

Reply to Leaking wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.