Search the forum,

Discuss Laying tiles on wall bonding pattern in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 600x300mm Tiles to go on the floor and walls and was intending on laying them in a Stretcher Bond pattern. Now I have bothered to look at the boxes I see a diagram showing NO to a 50/50 stretcher Bond but OK to an offset more like 70/30.
Any of you fine people out there have any idea why no equal bond....They are 9mm thick and made for floor and wall.
Thanks for any info.

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
As per post above.
Some tiles are poorly cooled / fired and they warp. Place 2 tiles face to face and pinch one end, you will probably find a sizeable gap at the other end. You will need to minimise the joint offset to attempt to flatten the tiled surface.

Reply to Laying tiles on wall bonding pattern in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen