Search the forum,

Discuss Latex self levelling on Dpm in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello
l’m doing up a cottage in Dorset. I’m moving the kitchen into a ‘60’s built extension. It’s got a concrete slab and tho it doesn’t seem damp I can’t see any dpm. After talking to Everbuild/Sika’s technical department I’ve used their 908 Blackjack as a dpm with Sika latex levelling compound on top . I’ve followed the Everbuild/Sika’s recommendations to the letter coating the dpm with 1:3 sbr letting it dry then a coat of 1:2 sbr left to go tacky before laying the latex compound (depth 2 -5mm ). After drying the latex has hairline cracks in some areas. It seems sound without delaminating. My question is will it be ok to lay porcelain tiles on it with these cracks or perhaps should I play safe and use a loose lay up market vinyl tile with instead?

Reply to Latex self levelling on Dpm in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen