Search the forum,

Discuss Latex floor ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Recently I saw a floor , the client said it was a Latex floor, with wet UFH.

Who ever laid it supplied some epoxy primer to use before tiling. Having never come across a latex floor I am assuming to treat it as an Anhydrite or Gyvlon screed ????

Mind you so much for these floor being flatter as over the 7.5m length it dropped 10mm :yikes:

Tiles are 600x600 Travertine.

M

Minesacarling

a latex floor is just 2-part self leveling screed i thought. so dot just prime it with APD or equivalent and thats it ?

M

Minesacarling

ah sorry mate, never heard of that. just had a quick search on google an only found the leveling compound. theres always someone on here with the right answer though

G

Gazzer

I really dont know Dave. Client was away when it was done so he doesnt know. Its a very uniform colour light grey. Has the feel of levelling compound but the client seems to think it was pumped in and was quite deep to cover pipes.

D

DHTiling

I know that some Cement based pourable screeds are highly modified for wet heating.. Al will know as these screeds are mostly new to us compared to europe..

Reply to Latex floor ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen