Discuss Kitchen tile size? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

beattsmjk

Hi all,

there is no reason why a kitchen can't be tiled with bigger than normal size kitchen tiles is there?

Am doing my neighbours kitchen and she has gone out and bought big tiles. (6" x 8") ish ceramics.

can you forsee any complications, it is a normal splashback nothing unusual.

A

ad tiling

if the customer wants big tiles then so be it , only down side is plunge
cutting for badly placed sockets.

J

JIMBOB187

Yeah completely agree with that, just done a kitchen splash back with tiles you would normally see in a bathroom, (just my opinion though) plunge cuts are the only annoying bit.

B

beattsmjk

oh yeah, I didnt think about those, never done em before.:huh2:

oh well, should be interesting !!

thanks

C

chille

We have just finished a kitchen using 600x600 polished porcelain and it looks great. The socket cuts are no problem as long as you can measure accurately. We used flexi powdered addy and positioned them dry 4 or 5 at at a time then mixed up and fixed :thumbsup:

J

JIMBOB187

Easy peasy mate, wear goggles though eh, thats why they call me one eye Jim, actually it's because there is only one eye in Jim.:lol: I thought it was funny anyway.

Reply to Kitchen tile size? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay