Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CON5933

thoughts please:)

Kitchen floor, already tiled...water damage.. insurance job.

9.5m2 of tiles to be taken up, advised concrete substrate was knackered before tiles went down. (guy's a brickie so trust he knows)
remove kitchen cabinet kick boards... self level floor.....small amount of boxing in at skirting level, then re tile in mosaic inluding skirting level.... (girlfriend has 2 types in mind, one being stone "of some sort", other being ceramic??)
No kitchen doors to trim or remove, kickboards to be trimmed and re-fitted.

cheers :thumbsup:

C

CON5933

Thanks Gooner,
had a look today, i don't think it's beyond some SLC, won't really know till i get them up but i think it should be ok (ish)

C

CON5933

substrate knackered how bad is the question?? you need very flat substrate for mosaic m8 it might be worth them breaking out and new substrate going down?? :thumbsup:

also... i'll be quoting for mosaic, won't go thru till insurance company ok's it.. if it's really bad i reckon i can talk them out of the mosaics..

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
If the brickie knew the floor was not up to standard why was it tiled, as for price, depends on a lot of things, mosaic for me, between £40 - £45 m2, that's fixing rate plus mats, again, depending on what and what/

HTH

C

CON5933

cheers Alan, i got the impression the brickie was thinking along the lines of most plasterers... "the tiler will sort that out"... He told me doesn't want anything to do with this, just wants to come home each day and see it taking shape:)

Reply to kitchen floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen