Search the forum,

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Just ordered a couple of those blades and a couple of other blades. It’s not all great stuff. The vanity blades are too rough IMO

We had the same complaint with our vanity blades originally, so when we re-ordered we had the grit size reduced to make them less aggressive. We then got complaints they weren't aggressive enough!

So we're considering bringing in a coarse and medium version to suit both customer types.

D

Dumbo

We had the same complaint with our vanity blades originally, so when we re-ordered we had the grit size reduced to make them less aggressive. We then got complaints they weren't aggressive enough!

So we're considering bringing in a coarse and medium version to suit both customer types.
Something that would interest me would be a 115mm convex blade for cutting circular holes for say toilet waste but rather than segmented have a semi continuous turbo type grit

C

Concrete guy

Something that would interest me would be a 115mm convex blade for cutting circular holes for say toilet waste but rather than segmented have a semi continuous turbo type grit

The thing with convex blades is they aren't great being used on standard angle grinders (11000 rpm +).

The very nature of the way the blade is being used substantially increases the incidence of grab and kickback. For that reason they are really designed to be used at sub 6000 rpm, which means the user needs a variable speed grinder (more money). They also need to be made thicker to be able to cope with the lateral forces being applied to them.

You'll have seen the thread on here with pictures of our blades along with pretty much any other manufacturers blades that have chunks missing. These all have one thing in common, they're all super thin and they all work nicely in hard material. They take a small knock and they're toast. That knock could be as little as putting the grinder down on it without noticing.

All these things combined mean that a 115mm/120mm/125mm holesaw is just a cheaper and better option for that kind of hole.

Marcirst make a dished blade but I think it's electroplated. That means once it's attached to the grinder it's lifespan is no better than a teabag when you're trying to cut porcelain.

The convex blade we stock is a segmented one and it's a chunky monkey, about 3-4mm thick. It needs to be that substantial to cope with lateral forces when used on natural stone. It would just muller porcelain.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

I have a segmented convex blade . Its not the thickness that bothers me its just that it's segmented and is very chippy . I just thought a turbo type grit would be better for chipping .

I

Italy

this morning I left the tile cutter home ... too eager to use the black blade

20180922_081022.jpg 15376021977642574282658262044646.jpg

I

Italy

this morning I left the tile cutter home ... too eager to use the black blade

View attachment 100933 View attachment 100934
then, I had never experienced such a blade before.
(And I swear I've tried many)
I do not care about the blade life, I'm interested in finishing and speed.
I will still do some tests, then I will go to buy the 125mm and if I find it
a small one for thin porcelain.
I fell in love
now I will speak only if I have problems with the black blade.
ps (I will sell all the other blades I have,
in one block).
excluded the one that gave me albert, again
in the package ;)

C

Concrete guy

then, I had never experienced such a blade before.
(And I swear I've tried many)
I do not care about the blade life, I'm interested in finishing and speed.
I will still do some tests, then I will go to buy the 125mm and if I find it
a small one for thin porcelain.
I fell in love
now I will speak only if I have problems with the black blade.
ps (I will sell all the other blades I have,
in one block).
excluded the one that gave me albert, again
in the package ;)

This is quite a find Antonio.

We've been looking for a blade that cuts 20mm porcelain well for our landscaping customers.

We've found the factory that makes the blade for Diatools and we've ordered some in to test.

I

Italy

This is quite a find Antonio.

We've been looking for a blade that cuts 20mm porcelain well for our landscaping customers.

We've found the factory that makes the blade for Diatools and we've ordered some in to test.
well, then I also expect 10% of your turnover.
as a discoverer it belongs to me rightfully.
ps, you could even start making porcelain cuts,
the dust is tasty :)

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen