Discuss Is Your Van Sign Written? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I'm not very patient behind the wheel so don't want to advertise who I am and how to contact me! having said that due to my current points situation I drive like an angel at the moment!

Haha that's the Moto GP in you Peter! Haha

Reaction score
VW transporter 08 reg - picked it up at auction for a bargain price and is fully sign written. Picked up a great job for kichen, bathroom and steps just a few weeks ago because the owner had seen my van 400 yds away whilst at another house. I think it adds credibility above anything else.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
by sign writing your van it can be classed as customising and has to be declared to your insurer and can add a lot to your insurance costs so my vans are plain but am getting magnetic signs for when we are at the customers house.
Mods, mines got side bars, alloys, side door window, rear spoiler, fully lined inside with a fabric...! All modifications to original, bought for mountain biking and for work. Not the best decision, pain to insure last year, but when it came for renewal I took full business insurance, sign writing, front, rear and sides and it reduced by £50. doesn't figure.

O

One Day

sign writing may add credibility if you want new customers.
Repeat custom comes though, regardless of sign writing on vans.
It's another form of advertising all said and done.

Even though I don't advertise at all and my van is blank, I still have my shirts embroidered.
I think my shirts look good, so if you want your vans sign-written: more power to you!

Reaction score

Even though I don't advertise at all and my van is blank, I still have my shirts embroidered.
I think my shirts look good, so if you want your vans sign-written: more power to you!

Good point! You need to be doing the work right to get repeat business and recommendations. I am just about to get a sweatshirt and some t shirts logo'd - might get a kilt as i am the Highland Tiler! ;)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

I'd picked up a job yesterday from someone who'd seen my tops that I'd had done up. Happy days

O

One Day

Me too. Switched to theirs from snickers floorlayers. And they take the beaded pads too. Brilliant pants.

Reply to Is Your Van Sign Written? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22