Currently reading:
Is this a poor finish?? Opinions please

Search the forum,

Discuss Is this a poor finish?? Opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

I see the right side cut tile has been cut shorter than the one next to it which being a dark tile does show..but looks to me like the Carpenters cut roof is not run through with a line..therefore the guy who has fixed plaster board has followed contour of joists...and its left to the tiler to fix....i would not have profiled the tiles to matched the contour of the roof...as suggested above..cut in with paint..maybe instead of grout I would have use a flexable caulk so you could cut in with paint..is it an old property been re-vamped..or just shoddy builders...as with all customer I ask first.and explain the scenario what would look better. but dark grout will pick up everything.

S

SJPurdy

There are many suggestions above of how it could have been done beter (eg mitering back of tile so sies closer to sloping ceiling - something I do now but didn't several years ago!) But to take tiles off and redo would probably cause more damage than improve things. I havn't come across any problems with painting over normal cement based grouts so I think best first try solution will be to use masking tape to straighten up the groit line and then paint down the ceiling white paint over the wider bits of grout.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Nottingham
Should of really been a full tile from the top and not a cut. I would have used trim and the tiles cut are not the same size. This would bug me too!

How can you say that? You don't know if that junction between the ceiling and wall is level so where would you have started it? Also might have left a small cut around the bath/shower/sill etc. I would bet the slope is joist with PB on top then skimmed, they are never straight (well almost never).OP fill in any voids in the grout then paint the colour of the ceiling. The stress of you having to argue with the tiler (he obviously thinks he has done it right) IMHO is just not worth it, and as said before it probably would cause more problems than it would fix.

M

Minesacarling

Here's one I did a few years back with tile trim. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538465.226131.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538481.941902.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538497.625357.jpg

Reply to Is this a poor finish?? Opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement