Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Is there a recession?? - Gradus Profiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lawrenso

Hi all,

you will know me from my problem bathroom :lol:. I was looking for some unique profiles for going round a window/door frame (not on the wood through!!) and along the edge of a built in shelf next to the bath. Found a post about Gradus profiles from Macclesfield.

Well I phoned them for stockists - and was told the only local ones were a company based both in Liverpool and Manchester. Phoned the Liverpool one for directions - stating I was coming to look at the Gradus stuff - and went over last Friday. Took 1.5 hours (traffic jam at Pier Head) to get there, parked up walked in - "Could I have a look at the Gradus profiles please" - "Sorry don't stock it - special order only - any way we only door the laminate products" :mad2::mad2::mad2: - Back into car 2 minutes later.

Phoned Gradus - who just weren't interested - saying they don't even keep most things in stock....

One thing I was hoping for with this recession was that it would help improve customer service but I am finding more and more people/companies just think the money will keep flowing into them with a lousy attitude to people. For all they know I could of been looking at a development of 100 houses (I know - unlikely in this day and age)

Now to find something around Chester!!

Steve

C

Colour Republic

I was refurbishing property and you wouldn't believe how long it took me until the estate agents would give me the time of day and ring me when something had some mileage in it, now all the ones that gave me the cold shoulder, wasted my time by showing me properties that were over priced, some of them had the gual to say that even though it may be a little high now, when when the sale finally goes through it would have risen loads, I'm buying it NOW at todays prices not when the sale might go through! they now ring me non-stop. I take great pleasure in wasting their time and then saying get stuffed. Karma

M

mikethetile

im sorry to hear that steve

its a sign of the times , a lot of suppliers are about to go to the wall and simply dont give a monkeys chuff anymoore

a lesson to be learnt for the small business

service, service, service

customer is king and all that

weve got a good supplier near us for trim and listello, if you need their details i will oblige

mike

Reaction score
I live in macclesfield and plenty of my friends work at gradus.They are a big manufacturing company who dont have outlets for anything they make.Most of their products are distributed to Walkwell in salford.Maybe they could help you.If not pm me and i could make any enquiries for you

L

lawrenso

The place in Liverpool was a flooring supplies place as well - does Walkwell do the tile trims too?

Cheers

Steve

C

cornish_crofter

There is a recession and a lot of stockists are running their stocks low. They keep only the basics in that they know will sell as a runner.

This keeps their inventory costs down but also upsets customers.

They have taken a tactical decision as to how to upset customers in a way to minimise their running costs. So the customer who's been doing loads of business but wants something strange is hacked off in favour of someone who has never been there before but wants 6x6 inch tiles.

L

lawrenso

There is a recession and a lot of stockists are running their stocks low. They keep only the basics in that they know will sell as a runner.

This keeps their inventory costs down but also upsets customers.

They have taken a tactical decision as to how to upset customers in a way to minimise their running costs. So the customer who's been doing loads of business but wants something strange is hacked off in favour of someone who has never been there before but wants 6x6 inch tiles.

I understand what your saying there CC, but I wasn't even asked what I was after by the manufacturer. I was looking at them because they had external corners both 90 and 270 degrees for their metal trims in their brochure - in anodised chrome

Anybody know of any other trims and who normally stocks them - got until the 6th for the tilers coming in

Cheers

Steve

M

mart1

Hi

Give Genesis a bell and they will put you in touch with your local stockist Tel: 01642 713000.

Good luck

D

DHTiling

Hve you looked at schluter trims steve...?

Tile Trim Profiles
spacer.gif
Tile trim profiles are designed to provide a decorative finish, and protect exposed tile edges on wall corners, skirtings and tiled edges.
spacer.gif
quadec_370_x_279_copy.jpg

Loads more here>>>>> Tile Trim Profiles - Schlüter-Systems

L

lawrenso

Hve you looked at schluter trims steve...?

Tile Trim Profiles
spacer.gif
Tile trim profiles are designed to provide a decorative finish, and protect exposed tile edges on wall corners, skirtings and tiled edges.
spacer.gif
quadec_370_x_279_copy.jpg

Loads more here>>>>> Tile Trim Profiles - Schlüter-Systems

Sorry Dave - missed this response from you..

Looks like I am going with Schluter - CTD can get hold of them - I had been informed by Schluter technical that the nearest place was about 45 miles. Gradus did have some interesting items though like the thresholds and that which I am also looking for.

Cheers

Steve

L

lawrenso

Hi

Give Genesis a bell and they will put you in touch with your local stockist Tel: 01642 713000.

Good luck

Sorry Mart,

missed your post as well - looked at their website and will give them a bell.

Cheers

Steve

Reaction score
Steve,spoke to my friend from gradus.He says they dont sell anthing to general public and walkwell should be able to get anything you need.Hope this helps

Reply to Is there a recession?? - Gradus Profiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks