Currently reading:
is everyone busy or quiet

Discuss is everyone busy or quiet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

the last 6 months have been the worst ever for me,even thought about advertising,been in the building game 25 years or more and never advertised,only seem to get the tricky or the stuff that my plumbers and builders havent got the right equipment for at the moment,so new contacts are welcome lol.

so so start to the year then three weeks with only a couple of days each. Dire. Scary. Sudden rush from a couple of regulars and now I'm booked through into May. Mind you with all the BH's in April & May that doesn't take a lot!

Had more repairs and s*** jobs that the builders and plumbers were either frightened of or I needed to put them right. Some nice big stone work coming up. Horrible wetroom repair today and tomorrow though. Knackered.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I know some tilers around here that have been tiling for 10+ years that are struggling a bit. But I know the odd one that's doing really well. Doesn't make too much sense. From what I can gather without looking into it, if you're in a community-style area, perhaps rural but not always, you've got a better chance than in a big city. Loads of reasons will contribute to this but two spring to mind 1) if you're in a big city, everywhere you advertise, there will be loads of tilers right there with you and 2) in rural area's you'll find less tile shops and tilers, so if you're in with a tile shop or some supplier, you're laughing as you'll get most of their work, and in that area, they too will get most of the customers coming too them.

But that's not fact for all big cities and even rural area's as I could tell you a few members that are either doing well in bit cities or doing crap in rural communities. So it seems literally area-related. And often changing annually.

Increase your marketing (not always paying for adverts in places offline or online) if you're struggling a bit (anybody not just the original poster).

Reply to is everyone busy or quiet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in the more relevant forum. I hope your businesses are flourishing! Be well
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24" could work also. I am in San Diego, CA, USA, so would need packaging and shipment if not local. here...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.