Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss I'm feeling Fein in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I bought a 350, 24ov a few months ago and can use saxton blades and what ever else in it. It is star lock, has a lever on the back. The newest ones are starlock plus. Not sure on them ones

F

Flintstone

Multi tool has got me out of the rubbish a couple of times this year, wouldn't be without it now. If you can afford the fein, buy it. Should last a long time

A

Alan M

i have the fein multimaster. it is great. but it is corded.

I have dewalt cordless tools so I got the multi tool. it has a quick change for the blades that allows you to swap and rotate the blades instantly. my fein takes 10 times longer and it has a quick change. you can also loose the fein parts if your carless. being able to rotate the blades seams pointless but it is a really noce feature that I use regularly to get into awkward spots

in the 2 years + I have the dewalt I haven't even considered bringing the fein.
the corded is better but not as handy. I use my cordless for all kinds of jobs that I wouldn't use the corded for.

F

Flintstone

i have the fein multimaster. it is great. but it is corded.

I have dewalt cordless tools so I got the multi tool. it has a quick change for the blades that allows you to swap and rotate the blades instantly. my fein takes 10 times longer and it has a quick change. you can also loose the fein parts if your carless. being able to rotate the blades seams pointless but it is a really noce feature that I use regularly to get into awkward spots

in the 2 years + I have the dewalt I haven't even considered bringing the fein.
the corded is better but not as handy. I use my cordless for all kinds of jobs that I wouldn't use the corded for.

What sort of jobs?

T

Taylormade

Got an very old fein 250 which is still going strong and recently bought a Bosch at a fantastic price at local builders merchants. (Can't resist a bargain plus fein is twice as heavy now because of all the old addy/cement/etc on it)
Got to say very happy with the Bosch and lots of non Bosch blades fit it.

A

Alan M

i will reach for the cordless for all kinds of small jobs but wouldn't bother getting the corded one even if it was in the van. I often get it to cut out floor boards (I work with a spark sometimes) cutting skirting and architraves, odd bit of sanding , scraping crap off stuff, removing grouting , cutting out electrical boxes for spark, cutting random bits of wood that are in the way of fitting something .

generally I will use the cordless or hand tools.
the corded isn't worth the hassle of getting out a cord. it is faster to just use hand tools.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just bought the 350 as it's supposed to be quieter and more powerful. It is quieter when it runs on its own but as soon as you start to cut it is still noisy as hell. Not sure about the power difference but is does seem to stay cooler than the 250. Unfortunately mine is the Starlock plus version so only Fein & Bosch make those blades. Let's see if Saxton and Shark come up with something soon

Reply to I'm feeling Fein in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks