Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss I'm feeling Fein in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm in need of a new oscillating tool, but which one?
I'm leaning towards Fein, but again, which one 250 or 350
They now do a starlock connector, any good? I guess this is to defeat 3rd party blades?
Any other brands to consider?

L

LM

You can get adaptors for all the designs to suit each other with regards to compatibility.
Some of the YouTube reviews of these tools might surprise you so take a look!

S

Stef

I've got a Fein, had it for years, not sure what model number it is though but I couldn't be without it..
I still buy my blades from Saxton.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I went with the new Fein when my old one died. Think it depends how much you use it. The latest Fein has dampening built in and really reduces the vibration which was a major consideration for me. If you just use it for the odd bit of architrave then I'd go for a budget model.

H

hmtiling

just been and picked up a fein 350 240v from topps as the reward scheme is changing at months end and the cards need to be cashed in. saxton blades still fit the starlock connector

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Try the shark blades too - really good price

OP
tommyzooom

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
saxton blades still fit the starlock connector
If that is the case I'll buy one too, as the non-starlock 240v models are hard to find.
Do you mind posting a picture of a saxton blade fitted, as I've was told they don't fit, and looking at pictures the mounting pins seem recessed on the machine body, whereas the saxton blade is flat.
(bosch shown here, but fein is the same)

starlock.jpg

H

hmtiling

If that is the case I'll buy one too, as the non-starlock 240v models are hard to find.
Do you mind posting a picture of a saxton blade fitted, as I've was told they don't fit, and looking at pictures the mounting pins seem recessed on the machine body, whereas the saxton blade is flat.
(bosch shown here, but fein is the same)

View attachment 84747
After quickly looking into it, i think it depends upon date of manufacture of the tool. The one i bought today from topps fits my other blades fine(ptx blades) I'll upload pics now

H

hmtiling

Yep. Mines the 350q. The price in Topps was very competitive after discount. It'd defo be worth getting the older model to save a fortune in blades

Reply to I'm feeling Fein in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock