Search the forum,

Discuss How to DOT AND DAB ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Simplified Dot And Dab Description.....cut Gyproc To Size By Saw Or Saw Pad ,dot Some Drywall Adhesive At 6 Inch Intervals In A Grid Effect On The Grey Side Which Is The Back Of The Gyproc.,now Place It On Wall And Use A Piece Of Wood Or Feathered Edge To Push The Gyproc To The Wall,take Care And Check With Spirit Level For Flatness,then Do The Same With The Next Piece And Use Bead Again To Get A Straight Wall.......easy As That M8.

F

floydyboy

Simplified Dot And Dab Description.....cut Gyproc To Size By Saw Or Saw Pad ,dot Some Drywall Adhesive At 6 Inch Intervals In A Grid Effect On The Grey Side Which Is The Back Of The Gyproc.,now Place It On Wall And Use A Piece Of Wood Or Feathered Edge To Push The Gyproc To The Wall,take Care And Check With Spirit Level For Flatness,then Do The Same With The Next Piece And Use Bead Again To Get A Straight Wall.......easy As That M8.

being a plasterer i would not say its as easy as that, if the wall is out you got to pack it out, if the boards are warped it creates problems also wat are you dryling onto all to be considered however brian has described it well, apart from the pitfalls.
for a straight edge for drylining i use a uprigt section of a aluminium door totally true.:thumbsup:

B

bearwithme

tys, before you dab stick a straight edge over the wall, find and mark the low spots. that way you can stick extra adhesive in them to take up the slack. when you tap the board back dont hold the straight edge vertically( you could push too much either end) . hold it diagonally across the board and tap. this will straighten up the board better. hope this make sense and helps. dave

Reply to How to DOT AND DAB ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.