Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss House prices continue to fall in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my mums sister just sold her house after knocking 20 grand off the price, was on the market for 2 years aswell, good news for me as the house they have just bought needs a new kitchen and bathroom.

never good when house prices drop, means folk find it hard to borrow money for home improvements...

F

Fliselege

Had my flat in Farnborough valued 3 years ago 120k, should have put it on the market then but wasn't ready to buy here at the time, sold it 6 weeks ago 103k. GUTTED. In fact it's still mine, contracts exchanging next Friday so still a chance it goes nips up.

R

Rookery

I am of the opinion that houses are still over-priced. Prices falling helps younger people get on the housing ladder.

P

Peter

Had my house valued today as we're thinking of moving. Was still worth more than we bought it for 2 years ago but not a fantastic return considering the work we've done to it.

Ah well, at least wherever we move to will be a bit cheaper.

I

Ian

Whilst the prices are going down, less people will be moving so will probably have a new kitchen or bathroom to improve their current home, good news for us tilers I reckon.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Whilst the prices are going down, less people will be moving so will probably have a new kitchen or bathroom to improve their current home, good news for us tilers I reckon.

providing they can afford it bri, less your house is worth less you can borrow..

D

Deleted member 9966

Had my house valued today as we're thinking of moving. Was still worth more than we bought it for 2 years ago but not a fantastic return considering the work we've done to it.

Ah well, at least wherever we move to will be a bit cheaper.

same with us here Peter.

Got our house valued recently and it's only just breaking even on what we paid for it and have spent on it in 4 years. and with our city council robbing us of our hard earned money in the form of council tax and giving us naff all in return, I fancy selling up and buying a motorhome :grin:

R

Robb o

IMHO I think that the countrys been talked into this recession,everyday in papers and news banging on about EuroZone crisis ,Double Dip Recession.
Mates of mine that are in various trades have really struggled this last year,year half.
One of them had to go Bankrupt!
I'm glad that I work with a main contractor and not relying on the domestic market

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the motorhome idea!

Realistically I could run this business from anywhere in the world. Went Ibiza a few years ago and there was a british bloke sitting in the M bar right on San Antonia Bay with a lovely view. He ran a website from there and said he pretty much sits on the beach most days.

Too many commitments for me now though to do that.

Told my lady we should have moved to Oz years ago.

I think this will be the new norm for our lifetimes now. The banks will never be allowed to go mental anymore and give cash to subprime (which self-employed fall into that category apparently) so unless people are earning it, average homes just wont get done up to standards they used to.

Ireland have had it tough for a lot longer and they manage alright overall I think. We all just have to get used to it I guess.

Reply to House prices continue to fall in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks