Search the forum,

Discuss Hi from the PCI guy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BASF Solutions

Hi all :thumbsup:

I'm a technical sales representative for BASF Construction Chemicals working for the PCI division in the South East. A few people on the forum do know me already. PJC and I have been working together successfully for almost 6 years.

If anyone would like to know anything technical relating to PCI products or needing advice on PCI products please feel free to PM me & I'll gladly help.

Most people will agree (whether they want to or not is another question ;) that generally Ardex adhesives are seen as the most consistently high performing products that have been around for many years, what many people do not know is that PCI is the market leader in Germany where.... you guessed it- ARDEX originates from :yikes:

Apologies in advance if I'm contravening any forum rules by introducing myself as a PCI employee but my only intention is to be of technical assistance or help with advice on PCI products.

Any PCI questions out there?

D

Deleted member 9966

I see Pete's bringing in waifs and strays again :lol: Pete, you need a hobby mate ;)

:welcome: to the best forum in the world Shane. Hope you enjoy yourself when here :thumbsup:

And don't forget, the forum chatroom is open every evening for work and non-work related chat, plus on a Friday and Saturday night, plenty of :8: and banging tunes courtesy of Dave et al :smilewinkgrin:

GRR

P

Perry

I see Pete's bringing in waifs and strays again :lol: Pete, you need a hobby mate ;)

:welcome: to the best forum in the world Shane. Hope you enjoy yourself when here :thumbsup:

And don't forget, the forum chatroom is open every evening for work and non-work related chat, plus on a Friday and Saturday night, plenty of :8: and banging tunes courtesy of Dave et al :smilewinkgrin:

GRR
a complete surprise to me Liz i carnt get away from them lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
:thumbsup:Hi again and welcome to the forum.

We don't mind company staff members being part of the forum providing they're just chatting tile.

Though we don't allow the forum to be used as a support medium for any products other than those belonging to sponsors. So please don't use the forum to answer support questions.

If you're just here as you're in the tile industry though, and you just want to chat tile etc, then that's sound with us.

Please read and understand the forum rules fully.

Cheers for understanding, we just run a tight ship here and don't want it to be like the other sales-based forums you can find sprinkled around the net.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
:thumbsup:Hi again and welcome to the forum.

We don't mind company staff members being part of the forum providing they're just chatting tile.

Though we don't allow the forum to be used as a support medium for any products other than those belonging to sponsors. So please don't use the forum to answer support questions.

If you're just here as you're in the tile industry though, and you just want to chat tile etc, then that's sound with us.

Please read and understand the forum rules fully.

Cheers for understanding, we just run a tight ship here and don't want it to be like the other sales-based forums you can find sprinkled around the net.

You'll allow other members to help with problems, but not if they actually work for the company!?! A bit odd, but this is your house i guess... Is he allowed to answer support questions via PM?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You'll allow other members to help with problems, but not if they actually work for the company!?! A bit odd, but this is your house i guess... Is he allowed to answer support questions via PM?

No,

He's not allowed to use our forum to provide support to his customers, or potential customers, and it's usually based around sales reasons to be honest.

The tilers on the forum that use PCI do and WILL reply, as they always have done.

If they want to gain members to their own forum to provide support, that's sound with us, other adhesives firms have done it, though we're not going to allow all adhesive firms to reply to all adhesive-related threads on here as this is TILERS forums (so a forum FOR TILERS). And eventually, once half a dozen firms did it, we really would end up with the forum being used by most firms to sell adhesives to tilers. And what good is that for advice? Which is what we're known for, really good and quick advice at any hour of the day, that's NOT bias!

Even Mapei don't use the forum to sell via, they just hold FREE training days and advertise that on here. :) - It's the many Mapei users that provide the Mapei advice here, and you can guarantee that's unbiased.

R

Ramag

:welcome: welcome to the Forum Shane, great to have a pro PCI man online. As a user of PCI products for over 20 years, I understand why there is not many questions asked re problems with the materials. I have found PCI products second to none re quality and on-site backup. But I must admit that very close behind PCI is Sopro also an excellent professional product which we use often. If Uwe, MD of Mapei/Sopro had decided in 2002 to push Sopro into the UK we would not all be talking over Mapei products. I have found this forum very interesting as many of the products discussed I have never heard of, and I for one will never admit I am to old to learn.
All the best
Joe :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alan,

I'll do my very best to answer your questions. Are you a regular PCI user?

I wasn't, started using it with Pete pjc, and now on another large contract we're supplied with it, PCI Nano-light white and grey, I'll skim over the main problem in this thread, if that's ok.

We're fixing an assortment of tile types and sizes from 300 x 300mm to 600 x 600mm, wall and floor, to either concrete or green / moisture resistant p/b, wall tile max is 600 x 300mm x 10mm polished porcelain. We've tried an assortment of mixing methods ( as you've stated, it is important to get 'right' ) but still we run into problems, not every mix / tile type, but it does happen. We can fix a wall as smooth as a babies bum and then some of the tiles will ( exaggeration mode ) pop off the wall / start lipping.

Have you seen or heard of this before, any advice ?

Thanks, and sorry for the looooooong skim over :D

Reply to Hi from the PCI guy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.