Search the forum,

Discuss Here we go only gave out my cards yesterday :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteveP

Only gave out my cards yesterday to couple tile shops (tile it all & topps).
Had first call this morning and they want me to go and give quote for bathroom. Made arrangements to call on thursday 5pm.

This is my first job quote what best advise you pros can give me in trying to clinch this job?
Plus if i do get this job this will be my first for a paying customer and first bathroom.

cheers

steve

W

wivers

My advice mate would be 1. don't panic. 2. give off confidence and make them think it aint your first job. 3. sell yourself well, know your stuff. 4. don't worry about how long the job will take you, just price up just as a pro would i.e if you think the jobs gonna take you 3 days but it would take someone who's been doing it a long while 2 days, just price for 2 and swallow working the extra day, coz you need to gain the experience.
Good luck mate, and like i said in number 1. DONT PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

D

DHTiling

Only gave out my cards yesterday to couple tile shops (tile it all & topps).
Had first call this morning and they want me to go and give quote for bathroom. Made arrangements to call on thursday 5pm.

This is my first job quote what best advise you pros can give me in trying to clinch this job?
Plus if i do get this job this will be my first for a paying customer and first bathroom.

cheers

steve

alright steve mate. congratulations on first job mate, basicaly same as rest have said but take a few tile brochures with you to give customers some ideas on tiles never know might order tiles through you , extra pennys to be made on suppling . GOOD LUCK JOB IS YOURS......

V

Varley

Good advice wivers, remember to take a straight edge to see how far out the walls are.

Good luck Steve :wink_smile:

D

DevonR

On my first quote I was bricking it. However remain calm and couteous. If the customer wants something you know won't work/isn't possible gently advise the cons, don't try and steam roller them. What you will find is they probably ask about other jobs they want or are wanting so you may get lucky there too.
Don't be too flashy just deliver the goods like you know your stuff (which you do). If they ask how long you've been going be honest, it never stopped any of my quotes coming off.
Be friendly too it's probably the sigle biggest reason (other than price) you'll get the job or not, if they like you.

Good luck mate, fingers crossed for ya. :wink_smile:

G

grumpygrouter

Good luck Steve,

Have to agree with DevonR about being honest. I completed my first paying job only last week. Unfortunately it was a re-grout!!! Told the lady when I went to look at work the I was new to the trade, only just started up. Also told her that can't really expect to remove grout without some tile damage, that it was hard tedious work and would be priced accordingly. She accepted everything I told her and gave me the job.

She was delighted by the end of it and paid me there and then! There will be other work in the pipeline from her and she was happy to give out some of my cards to her family and friend.

Oh and I was terrified as I rang the doorbell!!

Go get 'em.

G

GazTech

Only one chance to make a first impression,so shower and shave,and try the new aftershave by YSL called 'COME TO ME'..........DOES IT SMELL LIKE COME TO YOU?? LOL
icon10.gif

Reply to Here we go only gave out my cards yesterday :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen