Discuss Here Goes, Redo Old Ensuite Thread. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scotmk

Right, old ensuite all ripped out, ready to start making good. First fix plumbing and wiring, the adding a little stud extension on 1 wall to bring out and make some boxed recesses with board then tank.

I also removed a partition to make it bigger, I can fit a 1300 x 800 tray. Removing and capping pipes for shower and rerouting from sink pipes as closer to back wall for shower.

20160421_111639.jpg

20160421_111650.jpg

20160421_111643.jpg

S

scotmk

Plumbing for shower all done and boarded, I had to extend the wall just a little bit for the shower tray so made a little alcove. Skimming and tanking from monday.

pixlr_20160429165144549.jpg

pixlr_20160429165249011.jpg

Ignore wonky pics, it's a small room so using Panoramic option on phone lol.

S

scotmk

1st coat of primeplus before tanking paste.

20160501_152235.jpg

I know it's overkill, but even though I am installing a tray I am still tanking underneath it cos I can....

Once tray is in I am going to give the walls a quick skim down to tray and prime and tank the rest of the shower area all the way up.

S

scotmk

Tray installed and all skimmed today. I went for installing joist and leveling then to put the tray on as 3 walls are enclosed I was not going to play about with the stupid legs all day levelling it.

Run all electric cables for lights shaver and points etc. Now to prepare the walls ready and tank the rest of shower area for starting to tile Wednesday.

20160502_143815.jpg

20160502_143828.jpg

20160502_143917.jpg

S

scotmk

Did not use backer board just PB, did not like the idea of tiling straight to PB. Extra level of protection.

B

Bill

Did not use backer board just PB, did not like the idea of tiling straight to PB. Extra level of protection.
Protection from what?.... if you are tanking then the skim is a waste of time, effort and money, plus it means the wall coverings can't be as heavy due to the skim.

S

scotmk

Protection from what?.... if you are tanking then the skim is a waste of time, effort and money, plus it means the wall coverings can't be as heavy due to the skim.

Protection from whatever may be... not really wasted time as it's my room and I am in no rush, not really any effort only took a couple of hours and did not cost anything, I had a bag of board finish lying about. I am tiling with 400 x 250 ceramic tiles which are light and are not very heavy at all, so I am not worried about that. If I was using the big heavy porcelain tiles like my last room then I would have used backer boards.

S

scotmk

All tanked ready to start setting out and tiling tomorrow. Plastered the ceiling too so now nice and smooth.

20160503_202204.jpg

S

scotmk

Nice work. I would have had a joint in the centre of the shower, to save the cut at the left.

I really wanted the pattern centered up the shower, I set out a few ideas, the misses liked this one. What can you do.... lol.

Cuts are not bad, the tile cuts really straight on my rubi. And when i PB'd and skimmed made sure all straight and true.

Reply to Here Goes, Redo Old Ensuite Thread. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks